Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshop
What is a Chronic Disease?
Did you know that diabetes, asthma, depression and arthritis are all considered to be a Chronic Disease? Take Control Take Charge Self-Management Workshops will provide you the tools that can help you live a better quality of life, while dealing with your chronic condition.
You will be in a classroom with others in a friendly, non judgmental atmosphere. It’s a great place to learn and share a story or even a laugh or two, with others who are also suffering from a chronic condition.
Each workshop is 6 weeks for, 2 1/2 hours per week. Take Control Take Charge is not a cure but it can help you live a better quality of life by continuing to do the things that you enjoy. Some of the topics we will review are:
- How to feel more comfortable asking questions at your medical visits
- Work on making healthier food choices
- The step to take to become more active?
- Learn how to talk to your family and friends about your needs
- These programs are perfect for family members or caregivers to take with you.
- This is a great way for people to understand and support you along the way.
- Find new ways to manage your stress and your emotions
- Talk to other people who are going through similar challenges
Our workshops normally take place at a location near you, but due to COVID-19 protocols, we are hosting Virtual Online Zoom Self-Management Workshops. If you are interested in taking one of these Workshops, please click the link below or call 1-855-333-2376.
Online Chronic Disease Self Management Workshop.
Online Chronic Self-Management Program
FREE to individuals across Ontario who are living with one or more chronic conditions such as diabetes, chronic pain, high blood pressure, stroke, cancer, heart or kidney conditions. Many of the workshops are also beneficial for caregivers and anyone looking to improve their health literacy. The online programs can be accessed from any device with an internet connection and have been designed to meet different needs; from one-on-one health coaching and group-based workshop series, to one-time health literacy webinars. To learn more about the online self-management programs or to register for an upcoming program visit
or call (Toll-free) 1-844-301-6389